Saturday, September 12, 2009

Clay County Fair 2009

It's official, I'm getting old. I had fun, but the magic just isn't the same anymore. I imagine the fact that I've not been feeling well had a lot to do with my mood. But, I just always remember there being so many things that I wanted to buy, so many things that I wanted to eat! I was looking forward to a Mud Pie, but that stand isn't there. I was bummed. I had some other things, and ended up with heartburn. It was opening day today, and it was just SO busy. There were booths that I probably would have wanted to look at, but there were so many people in the way that I didn't bother. Nathan did buy a copy of Vicki Myron's new children's book about Dewey and had Vicki sign it for her. We will let her have it when she gets older, so that it doesn't get trashed right away.

I'm going back on Thursday afternoon to hang out with Evan and Jalyce. That should be nice. It won't be as busy, and maybe I'll actually get a chance to look at things.

1 comment:

David Schantz said...

That was one of my favorite fairs back in the day.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.