Thursday, August 20, 2009

'First Family' by David Baldacci

This is the first that I've picked up by this author, and it was of
course one in a series, but I was still able to make sense of it
without reading the preceding books.

Sean and Michelle are former Secret Service agents turned private
detectives. When the President's niece is kidnapped, the First Lady
calls her old friend, Sean, for assistance. She wants somebody that
she can trust on the case, that is less likely to be hindered by
government procedures and politics. The book is interesting, as you
are eager to find out why the girl was taken, but I also felt sympathy
for her captor. What drove him to do such a thing?

It's a quick and engaging story, and I didn't find it to be too
predictable, as it seems a lot of books are these days. I really
enjoyed this one, and will likely check out more of Baldacci's work.

1 comment:

David Schantz said...

"former Secret Service agents turned private
detectives.a quick and engaging story, and I didn't find it to be too
predictable," sounds good to me.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.