Saturday, July 04, 2009

Black Creek Crossing - John Saul

Since I don't have a lot to blog about being that I am ridiculously boring, I thought that I would talk about books that I've read lately and will post about them when I finish one. Since I'm writing staff picks at work, might as well post them here, too. I don't choose anything to cerebral. I have enough distractions between work and a toddler, and tend to lean towards easy reads or I will never get through them.

The first book I will talk about is Black Creek Crossing by John Saul. It's a fun, quick read, and pretty typical of his work.

Angel Sullivan is a teenage girl that is ostracized by her classmates. When her family moves a small town in Massachusetts, she is excited at the prospect of a new beginning and an opportunity to make friends. Unfortunately, she is bullied again at her new school, but she makes friends with Seth, another social outcast.

Seth informs Angel of the dark history of the house that her parents had purchased, an old house dating back to the 1600s. There have been rumors about the house being haunted for hundreds of years. Angel and Seth seek out to learn the truth about the house, and unleash a terror that cannot be stopped.

No comments: