Sunday, December 02, 2007

Stuck Here a Bit Longer

How long? I don't know. They won't realease her because she isn't gaining weight. She's not losing, but just maintaining.

I've actually been stuck at the hospital for the last two days. I had my "rooming in" night on Friday night, but a snowstorm hit before I was released. So, it's turned into a 48 hour ordeal now. I'm completely exhausted. It's not just like how it would be at home, which is the idea behind the concept, I guess. I still have to weigh her before and after each time she eats, and constantly take her temperature. She's still hooked to monitors, so I can't walk around with her. She loves to dirty her diaper while she eats, so I weigh her before, stop and weigh her, change her diaper, weigh her again, feed her some more, and weigh her again. I probably took her temperature twice during all of that, too. Then whenever I get her to go to sleep, and I lay down to rest myself, a nurse or a doctor walks in wanting something. Then she wakes up, and the whole thing starts again.

My car is stuck in the parking lot at the Ronald McDonald house. My mom is trying to get it unstuck. I seriously need to get out of here. My mom actually walked in just as I was writing this. Yay!

At the same time, I feel horribly guilty for feeling like this. I want to be with my baby, but I can't deal with being stuck here anymore.

Hopefully we will get to go soon.

No comments: